"Turn your frustration to motivation."
Thank You God for...
- The wonderful day today
- The friends I have in RP
- The cool leaders I have in Heart of God church
- Always reminding me that You are with me
- The talents that You have given me
- Songs to sing to You :D
- A wonderful and loving family who will be by my side forever
- Allowing us to spend time with You daily
- Sending Jesus to die on the Cross for our sins 2000 years ago
- Being so awesome that I just can't stop praising You!!
Fair/Stormy-Weathered vs True-Blue
A sudden thought popped into my mind randomly as I was struggling to fall asleep at 2am in the morning. One of my closest secondary school friend flashed back in my mind. We used to be so close. However, as time passed, we hardly contacted one another. However when she encounter problems, she would turn to me for help. Other than that, we never spoke to one another.
That was when a reality hit me. There are two type of weathered friends:
1) When you have problems, they avoid you like the plague.When things are fine, they hang around you.
2) When things are alright, they totally avoid all contacts with you. When things turn bad, they call you pleading for help.
It is interesting to note that sometimes in our walk with God, we tend to be like the 2nd type of 'Weathered Friends'.
When you think about being jilted by friends, you feel disgusted by the thought. You may even feel betrayed by friends who had done that to you. What is left after years of effort to build the relationship is just a phone call - when the party need help.
But like what the bible says in Matthew 7:4-5
4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
Therefore, this is a confession of my sin. Haha. After running away from God like forever, I am trying to be the true blue Christian I was when I first accepted Christ a year ago. What is the meaning of true blue?
Definition: adj. Completely loyal or faithful
Yes I am going to make an attempt to not be a fair/stormy weathered Christian. But a true- blue one who stays with God... When I'm on the mountains, or deep in the valleys. Because God has always been a true blue God to us. When He sent His son down to die on the Cross for our sins 2000 years ago.
(:
I won't reject my particular friend altogether though. I'll be faithful to her too. Maybe oneday she'll see God's love for her through me.
"It takes effort to build and maintain relationships."
♥ 8:14:00 AM